Monday, February 22, 2010

Night Reflections

I was not able to sleep tonight and started thinking, which is always disastrous for me. I remembered attending a funeral of a friend some time back and the minister at the service told of his love for the 23rd Psalm. However, he said that for it to have greater meaning he said it in the first person - as though God was speaking directly to him.

I thought about that a lot, so I re-wrote the Psalm as he suggested, putting emphasis on the first person wording - and it truly did have for me, greater meaning.
See what you think.

Psalm 23

[God speaking directly to me]



“I am your shepherd,
and I will not let you be in want.

I will make you to lie down in green pastures,
I will lead you beside the still waters.

I will restore your soul,
and I will lead you in the paths of righteousness for My
Name’s sake.

Yea, though you will walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
you need fear no evil;
for I will be with you,
My rod and My staff will comfort you.

I will prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies;
I will anoint your head with oil;
and make your cup to run over.

And My goodness and My mercy shall follow you all the days of your life,
and you shall dwell in My house for ever.”

No comments: