Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Storm and the Night

Lightning flashed across the darkened skies
The wind moaned loudly in a manner that made a soul shake
Rain beat down on plants and ground soon soaked
The world seemed to be coming to an end and I was wide awake.

What scary form awaited me in the dark of night
The house shook and all was a fright
The wind blew harder and in the dark
Strange forms seemed to grow out of every corner

Would this night never end?
And bring the rain and wind another way to send
Would I ever see the light of the sun?
A friendly face in an early morn.

A crash from a broken tree
Falling heavily to the ground
But not one that I could see
When was this night to end?

No stars in the sky could be seen
Only wind and rain smashing against my window pane
On the night seemed to drift
Making my soul to feel as though I was falling over some sightless cliff.

Slowly the storm seemed to drift on by
Wind and rain gave way to a more friendly sky.
Strange figures that seemed to long prevail
No longer taunted me as the wind lost its eerie wail.

No comments: