Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dreams

I dream dreams of beautiful things,
things that I love to see and feel.

I dream of waterfalls
and see the sparkle of sunlight through the water
that from its radiant color forms a rainbow
and hear the rush of wind as it falls far below.

I think of a flower
and dream of the perfect nature of a petal,
the sprinkling of color so perfectly settled..
uplifting in its nature.

I see birds soaring in the sky
and dream of their soft call as they seek
another from far away.

I dream of one who loves me
as deeply as I love her
and dream of her touch on my bare skin
and feel the warm caress of parted lips.

I dream of a baby sleeping quietly in its bed
and see the faint smile on its face
as it dreams likewise of butterflies
skipping across cloudless skies.

I think of children, and dream
of their running across a field
and hear them arguing over who
was the fastest of them all.

It's been written that we can dream
but, not let dreams become our master.
I am enslaved to my dreams...
shameless and unafraid,
I dream dreams and bow
to my master.

No comments: