Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Morning Mist and Summer Rain

Far away from the noise of the city
I walked in the quiet of a country lane
nothing to distract me this day
but the morning mist,
turning into a summer rain.

I was born to be free from my troubles
born to smell the freshness of the day
nothing to accompany me on my trip
but the morning mist, turning into a summer rain.

There are times when I must be free,
away from the cares and worries of this life,
when I can walk alone in this world
with nothing but the morning mist, turning into a summer rain.

Sometimes in all my wanderings
I talk with my God up above,
it's amazing what I will hear,
when walking in a morning mist, turning into a summer rain.

A symphony of sounds are present
from the creatures who live nearby,
from the call of a coyote drifting on the wind
to the birds in their nests where they lie,
all add to the beauty of this day,
when filled with nothing but a morning mist....turning into a summer rain.

My love for life is all around
given by a God who cares from up above,
it is seen most clearly on a country lane
when walking in a morning mist, turning into a summer rain.

No comments: