Monday, June 13, 2011

The Window

Protected from life
Hidden from view
Alone in my room
With little to do.
I sit at my window
Safe from the world
Looking out at people
Going about in a swirl.

Whether a marriage or loved one
that has been lost,
Or maybe a business of which I was once boss,
Now all is gone and with nothing to do
I sit at my window
Safe from the world
And hidden from view.

A world of hurt
Do I see
A retreat from life
is safer for me.

Like an animal hurt and
withdrawing from life,
hiding from the world and all of its strife
I sit at my window
with nothing to do
Not willing to commit to the care of a few.

There was a time
in this life I know
when I would come and I would go
Now I hide away from it all
Not willing to venture out from this closed-in stall.

With nothing but a window
to the world that I see
hidden from sight
and all who would love me.
A sad time is had
A lost life is bad
But my window is all that I allow to protect me.


Dedicated to all of the hurt and gentle people unable or unwilling to share their lives with others.

No comments: